The nights are getting cooler. The leaves are changing colors. Halloween decorations are starting to go up and football season is hitting it’s stride.
There’s no question fall is here. After a busy summer for your HVAC unit keeping you cool, it’s time to transition into keeping you warm and cozy.
Here are some tips to make sure your HVAC unit is ready for the change in the seasons.
- Change your filter: This is a simple step that we sometimes forget about. Your filter gathers items you can see like pet hair and dust as well as microscopic particles like flakes of skin and residue from cooking. It is recommended to change your filter every 30-90 days to help keep the quality of air flowing into home at a premium. Replacing your filter can also save you money on your energy bill.
- Clean the area surrounding the outside unit: Before you store away the lawn mower and weed eater until spring, go over the immediate area near the outside HVC unit one final time. Removing weeds and high grass near the unit and keeping leaves away will help the system run more efficiently. It will also cut down on insects and other pests from looking for a place to hide with the cooler weather.
- Do a thermostat check: It’s not necessary to keep your thermostat at the same setting that you had in July. However, there will be times in the fall where you may transition between heating and cooling in the same day. Make sure your thermostat is properly switching to the setting you need it to.
- Check for unusual noises: Make sure there is no weir sounds coming from your furnace. A rattling, rocking or vibrating noise could be a sign that the heat exchanger is cracked. A scraping sound could indicate that the furnace’s ball bearings are worn out. For any unusual noise, don’t hesitate to contact a professional to come look at it.
- Schedule a professional: The fall is a good time to contact a well-trained HVC technician to give your unit a tune-up. McAtee Plumbing, Heating & Cooling offers services in six different states. Contact us today so our team of experts can help make sure your unit is running smoothly and ready for the fall. For Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown, Weston, Charleston, Huntington and surrounding areas in West Virginia, call 304-623-3102. For Charleston and surrounding areas in Ohio, call 614-252-9400. For Detroit and surrounding areas in Michigan, call 313-277-9969. For Atlanta and surrounding areas in Georgia, call 678-367-0116. For Columbia, Charleston and surrounding areas in South Carolina as well as the Charlotte area of North Carolina, call 843-352-3116. Or you can contact McAtee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at www.mcateellc.com