Water leaks can start small with something as simple as your bathroom sink dripping but they can quickly lead to serious problems that can affect the structure of your home or your business, the amount of money coming out of your wallet or even your own personal health.
- Mold or mildew has formed in the kitchen, bathroom or near your washer and dryer.
- Your floor is sagging or has cracked.
- The wallpaper or paint on your walls has bubbles in it.
- Your walls or ceiling appear to be warped or stained.
- A musty smell that will not go away.
- A damp or muddy spot outside in the yard.
- Your water bill has increased unexpectedly.
Common areas to look for leaky pipes
- Underneath the foundation.
Other ways to detect a leak
Some leaks will not be able to seen by the naked eye. Professional and reputable companies that provide plumbing services, like McAtee, have equipment that can detect hard-to-spot leaks. Some of those techniques include:
- Radar: Ground-penetrating radar waves used to locate the leak.
- Gas: Industrial hydrogen or another gas is pumped into a pipe. A specialized device tracks the movement of the gas and will show the location of a leak (A similar method is often used to detect a gas leak).
- Video: A camera is inserted into a pipe to locate a leak.
- Geophone: A device that captures and amplifies sounds coming from beneath the ground, including any noise created by a water leak.
What a water leak can lead to
- Mold is one of the primary irritants for allergies.
- In addition to allergy complications, breathing in mold can cause headaches, dizziness and respiratory complications.
- Dangerous bacteria can find its way into your home and/or water supply.
- Mold can damage, even destroy, your drywall.
- Leaks can lead to flooding that can damage your house, your possessions and even make it impossible to live in your home.
Locating and fixing a leak can save you money, keep you healthy and protect your home.
McAtee Plumbing, Heating and Cooling provides reliable service to six different states. Contact us today if you need help with a leak.
For Clarksburg, Fairmont, Morgantown, Weston, Charleston, Huntington and surrounding areas in West Virginia, call 304-623-3102. For Charleston and surrounding areas in Ohio, call 614-252-9400. For Detroit and surrounding areas in Michigan, call 313-277-9969. For Atlanta and surrounding areas in Georgia, call 678-367-0116. For Columbia, Charleston and surrounding areas in South Carolina as well as the Charlotte area of North Carolina, . Or you can contact McAtee by email at firstname.lastname@example.org Visit our website at www.mcateellc.com