Charleston Water Heater Repair Services
Reliable Water Heater Services by Trained Professionals
When the plumbing in your home is failing, you want it fixed as soon as possible. At McAtee Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we are committed to providing reliable solutions that are convenient and affordable.
Water heaters serve a vital role in your home. They are one of your most-used appliances because they provide water to many of your plumbing fixtures, like your kitchen and bathroom sinks, tubs and showers, and washing machine and dishwasher. Water heaters seem magical as they work behind the scenes to provide water to so many vital systems throughout your home. When an appliance provides such an important service in the home, it’s easy to understand how inconvenient it can be when it fails.
Understanding When to Request Water Heater Repair Services
The signs that your water heater is beginning to fail are fairly obvious, which is good for you. It means you will typically have time to replace your broken system before it inconveniences you and causes problems in your home.
- When a water heater is beginning to fail or break down, you will notice it starts to produce lukewarm water or smaller quantities of hot water than previously enjoyed.
- You may also notice you have to wait longer for hot water than before when you used your various plumbing fixtures. At McAtee Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we understand it is very frustrating and inconvenient to wait around for hot water to come from your faucets, which is why we offer quick turnaround times on service job requests.
- An unreliable heating unit on a gas or electric water heater is another common sign your system is failing or beginning to break down. The heating element on an electric water heater system is located inside its tank.
- The heating unit is outside the gas water heater in the form of a pilot light. Gas units have a pilot light that must remain lit to keep the water inside the tank hot. When this flame becomes hard to keep lit, it’s a sign the heating element needs inspection and repair.
If you are having problems with your water heater, but you aren’t sure what’s wrong with it, don’t hesitate to call in the professional plumbing team from McAtee Plumbing, Heating & Cooling. We can send one of our experts to your home today. Call us now at (803) 335-5109.
Aging Water Heater Repair vs. Replacement
When a water heater is older, it also becomes less efficient. This wear and tear can manifest as inadequate hot water supply or lukewarm water reserves. Sometimes, your hot water heater may signal it needs replacement by producing warm water instead of hot water. While you could always repair an aged water heater, some common signs of a distressed water heater could be mean it’s time for a unit replacement.
- Your water heater regularly shuts down
- Your water heater emits banging sounds from inside the unit
- Your yard has pooling water near your plumbing lines
- Your water heater has consistent issues with water temperature
Charleston Water Heater Service Leader
At McAtee Plumbing, Heating & Cooling, we help homeowners with their plumbing problems, big or small, and our services are always affordable and high quality. We offer emergency services, and we take pride in being available to our customers whenever they need plumbing services in Charleston. We are a full-service residential plumbing provider, and when you call us for water heater repair services, you can rest easy knowing your appliance is in good hands.
If you’re experiencing problems with your water heater in Charleston, now is the time to call in the professional plumbing team from McAtee Plumbing, Heating & Cooling at (803) 335-5109.
James went far beyond my expectations and I would recommend McAtee, and especially James, to anyone in a similar situation as mine. Simply amazing service!” - Rick B.